Welcome to PATH!
What is Parents and Teachers Helping?
Parents and Teachers Helping (PATH) at Eno River Academy is similar in function to a PTA. However, at ERA, PATH is overseen by the Board of Directors instead of operating as a separate entity from our school.
PATH meets on the second Monday of every month beginning September 12th, starting at 7 PM in the lunchroom at the Eno River Academy Corporate Drive location.
What does PATH do?
PATH functions as our school spirit and fundraising committee. We organize and oversee teacher luncheons, teacher appreciation events, and holiday events. We also coordinate fundraisers throughout the school year and host ERA community events such as Fall Fest, Spring Fling, potluck nights, book swaps, and game nights.
Charter schools in North Carolina receive per-pupil funds at the state and local level with limited federal funding. Unlike traditional public schools, we receive no additional state or local monies for buildings and grounds, transportation, supplies, technology, or other needs.
In the past, PATH has worked with the Administration and the Board of Directors to raise funds to help supply teachers and students with SmartBoards, Chromebooks, a sound system for performances, playground equipment, and teacher appreciation activities.
How do I become a member of PATH?
As a member of the Eno River Community you are automatically a member of PATH.
PATH meets on the 2nd Monday of each month at 7pm in the K-8 lunchroom.
Additional meetings or changes to this schedule will be sent out to the ERA Community.
What if I don’t have time to commit to a monthly meeting?
You don’t have to commit to meeting every month; there are many ways you can assist.
The easiest way is by completing the volunteer form found in your student’s information packet letting us know about you.
How can I help?
There are many ways you can volunteer with PATH during the year!
Here are just a few ideas:
Signup to bring food to a teacher luncheon.
- Volunteering at the Book Fair: There are several ways to support the book fair besides buying books! Sign up for set-up, break down, or during student shopping hours. The proceeds from this event go to the teachers to purchase books for the classroom.
- Fall Festival: Fall Fest is fun for all! It is a free event and class fair where each class chooses a game and takes responsibility for running the game. PATH helps set-up, makes popcorn, sells ERA Gear, and other items as needed.
- Holiday Hoopla: Holiday Hoopla allows students to purchase gifts for family & friends at a considerable discount. We need donations of items for the students to purchase. This year we would like to focus on handmade items. If you are a ‘crafter’, we can’t wait to see your skills!
- Teacher & Staff Holiday Celebration: At the annual teacher & staff holiday celebration, PATH shows a collection of submitted student photos with messages to the teacher. The proceeds from this event cover the cost of the celebration. This year, we need someone to use the provided photos to create the slideshow, as well as others to assist with the planning.
- Participate in community nights.
- Spring Fling: This is our largest fundraiser for the year. Organization, contacting sponsors, scheduling food venders, sorting prizes, setting up and taking down, are just a few volunteer opportunities for this event.
ERA PATH Event Calendar for 2016-2017*
9-28 thru 10-1-2016
Read-A-Thon Monies Due
10-3- thru 10-14-2016
|November||Community Potluck/Book Swap
Drop off Holiday Hoopla items
11-28 thru 11-30-2016
|December||Holiday Hoopla (first week of Dec)
Teacher Appreciation Photos
Teacher Holiday Celebration
|May||Teacher Appreciation Week||5-01 thru 5-5-2017|
* dates are subject to change